- People who are motivated by love, not by fear
- People who joyfully describe themselves as Christians and want to share their faith
- People who always take the Bible seriously, but not always literally
- People who try hard to do the right thing, not just believe the right thing
- People who trust that Jesus taught the most excellent way to God
- People who recognize our differences, and don’t exclude those who are different
Why Litchfield Presbyterian?
- believe that God is real, but have lots of questions
- are turned off by a “high pressure” approach to religion
- are just as interested in “life before death” as in “life after death”
- want to do something to make your community and your world a better place
- would like a preacher who talks with you not “at” you
- would like a friendly and welcoming church family
If any of these describe you, then we think you would feel right at home here!
Our Strengths as a Congregation
- We are the right size: While there’s always room to grow, we like being a close-knit family of faith where everybody knows your name!
- We are optimistic and hopeful: We see a bright future for our Church in Christ
- We are faithful and generous: We trust God and like to live with open hearts and hands
- We cherish our community spirit: We love and serve each other and our community
- We are proud of our history and tradition: We’ve been around a while! We have deep roots in our community and our nation
Our Goals as a Congregation
- We want to deepen our love for God and each other
- We want to expand our community and mission outreach